Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
ChangeMakers/ChangeBloggers NYC MeetUp
Friday, October 10, 2008 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (EDT)
New york, NY
New York City is the hub of media and marketing and home to some of the most influential and passionate people in the globe. We want to get all do-gooders together to discuss ways in which new media is playing a role in activism and social change.
Alex Steed, from NetSquared, is embarking on a 30-city tour to meet with millennial changemakers and shakers. He will be around to listen to how New York City's changemakers are making this world a better place, and how they are doing it. To learn more on Alex's Project visit his project page here.
George Weiner, Director of Technology at DoSomething.org
Patricia Handschiegel, JoyfulChild.org activist, serial entrepreneur, and Huffington Post/TV Week blogger. For more on Patricia click here.
You, whether you're a non-profit worker, social media marketer, weekend volunteer or are simply interested in learning how to strengthen your community through new media-- you will serve as a resource to learn how our generation is working for change
DoSomething.org: using the power of the internet to help young people change the world.
- Alex Rampy: Marketing Maven, Program Power Planner, Contact Liaison
- Naomi Hirabayashi: NYC Changeblogger Co-Organizer + Social Media Marketer
- Britt Bravo: Mighty Changeblogger and Community Expander
- ...how about you? what you got?
EIGHT Quick Ways to Get Involved: (courtesy of the Social Butterfly)
- Invite your friends and colleagues across sectors. We hope to bring together people from communications, advertising, non-profits, government, health practitioners and more, all uniting and crossing sectors to support acheiving social good through social media. Add your blog or Twitter Name to the Changeblogger Wiki
- Tweet! Tweet! Share news about the event on your Twitter stream. Follow @changeblogs and use hashtag #changeblogger
- Take part in the Changeblogging Meme.
Write up a blog post responding to Qui Diaz's meme about the movement.
If possible, email email@example.com so we can link to
your post from this invite.
- Reach out. Interview a changemaker or changeblogger in your life, and tell us about them through picture, video and/or words.
- Give a shout out from a far. Though you might not be able to attend (due to geographic limitations or time conflicts), continue the changemaker/changeblogger spirit in your own community. Join the Changeblogger Facebook Group. Or, connect on the Changeblogger NING group started by Britt Bravo
- Always be gracious. Whether you can attend or not, on October 11th, say thanks to a changemaker in your life or a changemaker you've never met but always admired, who do good simply because they want to.
- Ideas are great. Suggestions helpful. If you have an idea on how to take this idea further or something you'd like the night to icclude. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Suggestions and feedback are great ways to make for a great night.
- If you are so inclined....donations are helpful as depending on the number of people we gather, this will determine where the event is held and what is/can be provided.
- Start your own MeetUp...Contact The Social Butterfly Alexandra Rampy, Britt Bravo, or Naomi Hirabayashi for info if you would like to organize a MeetUp in your city
Naomi Hirabayashi: email@example.com
Alexandra Rampy (aka the Social Butterfly): firstname.lastname@example.org
Britt Bravo: email@example.com
Do Gooding Links (a small sample):